2015年10月24日 星期六

Assignment#3

I'm really interested in learning English.For me,English is the most useful language in the world .I started learning English since I was 7 years old.But learning English is always a big challenge to me.There are 4 main skills in English:Speaking,Listening,Writing and Reading.Listening is my first obstacle.When I am practicing Listening,I try to understand what people say in the conversations or short stories and then I feel upset with myself because I am not utterly understand it.With a view to improve my Listening skill,I force myself to spend an hour per day to listen in English and write down what i hear.However,it is quite difficult for me to understand the content of the conversations or short stories in the first time so i will repeat it over and over again until I completely understand it.I'm afraid of listening test.I want to improve more about my Listening skill to get high score in my test.Till I attend Computer Assisted Language Learning class.I can say that is a very helpful subject.In this class,my teacher has provides many useful resources to us such as ESL Listening Lab,Linking and Accent Reductions.ESL Lab is an useful program for those who want to improve their Listening skill or English on the whole. I can learn many things on this program.Because it provides many audio files to learner.The audio files are divided into 3 levels:Easy,Medium and Difficult so it is easy to choose the level that right for me.Besides,the time of each audio is quite short and after listening there are 5 questions below the audio.It also provides Script for each audio.I think this is the most useful part of this program.From the Script,I am able to understand more about the content of the conversations and improve my grammar as well.In addition,Linking and Accent Reductions are useful too.I can learn exactly the accent of English native speaker like how to pronounce the sounds "to","for","of" and so on.It helps me a lot in pronouncing English words correctly.After I attend this class,how pleased I feel when I am listening in English with more confident.

1 則留言:

  1. Very nice comments, Kathryn. And yes, the scripts might be the most helpful ones. Agree. By the way, don't forget to add a space after comma or period.

    回覆刪除